Better organize case notes and attachments
We've updated the notes and attachments section, making it even easier to organize case notes and files. Admins have the ability to create a chronological timeline of events, to quickly access and reference important information.
- Larger note that expands inline for writing long detailed notes
- Ability to add a custom ‘date of note’ to both notes and attachments in addition to the ‘creation date’ which is the date the information was entered into AllVoices
- Ability to sort by ‘created date’ or ‘date of note’ to better organize notes and attachments into a chronological timeline regardless of when information was input in system
- Ability to rename a file you uploaded (re from screenshot.png to Attendance Discussion from Slack.png)
- Adding a description to the attachment no longer covers up the rest of the notes/attachment timeline
Are you a visual learner? Don't read on, just view this video instead. It features our CS superstar, Madyson breaking this down in full detail.
To Add a note:
Navigate to the case and scroll to the ‘Notes and Attachments’ section
Click ‘Add a note’
The note box will not expand inline as you type so you can write long detailed notes without having to scroll to read the contents of the note.
Setting A Date
You can then select a date for the note. Simply select the date and press "set date"
The ‘date of note’ selected will appear next to the created date and time stamp, which indicates when the note was created in AllVoices
Adding a date of note to files
To add a date of note to files, first upload the file and then select ‘Add a description’
You can then write a description for the file and select a ‘date of note’ for the file
The user can then sort by ‘created date’ or ‘date of note’
More details about sorting:
- Sorting by ‘created date’ will order the notes and attachments by the date they were added to AllVoices with the most recent at the top of the timeline
- Sorting by ‘date of note’ will order the notes and attachments by the ‘date of note’ added with the most recent at the top of the timeline.
- When sorting by ‘date of note’ if there any notes or attachments missing a ‘date of note’ it will use the created date
- Admins can edit the notes and attachments they’ve created but they cannot edit others notes and attachments
- However, any admin with case access (Owner, Primary, Sub, Manager) can change the ‘date of note’ regardless of whether they created it allowing flexibility across administrators to create an accurate timeline of events and reorder as needed
- Viewers cannot change the ‘date of the note’ as this is a view-only role.
Renaming a file
AllVoices administrators can now easily rename files they upload in the notes and attachments section
Renaming allows the admin to clarify what information the file contains at a quick glance.
- Only admins (Owners, Primaries, Subs, Managers) that uploaded the file can rename the file.
- Viewers cannot upload or rename files as this is a view-only role
Adding a file description
Adding a description to the file no longer covers up the other notes and attachments in the timeline so you can easily reference while adding a description to the file.
We hope you enjoy this roll out and look forward to adding more features in the coming weeks👏