Adding Admins To AllVoices Guide
What is this?
This guide outlines how to invite new admins to your AllVoices company account directly from within your Settings page in AllVoices.
Who is this for?
The steps outlined in this guide requires you to be logged in as the owner administrator for your company’s AllVoices dashboard.
How To Invite Admins
1. Log into AllVoices using your owner administrator username and password
2. Click on Settings in the top right hand corner of the dashboard page
3. On the Settings page, click AllVoices Admins
4. On the admin panel, click Add New Admin
5. Enter your admin’s full name, admin role, company email address and if desired, a personal note that will be included in the invitation.
6. When you’ve finalized your selections, click Add Admin to continue.
Note: Your invited admin will have 72 hours to accept the invitation, otherwise it must be resent.
Once you’ve invited your admins, you will be able to manage them on the AllVoices Admins settings page.
On this page, you’ll be able to:
- Review admin permissions
- Monitor admin statuses
- Resend invites
- Edit admin-specific settings
There are five admin types that exist in AllVoices, each with their own set of permissions:
Owner (that’s you!)
The Owner has complete control over the account and can take action on everything. Only the Owner role can add admins, remove admins, change an admin's role, set up SLAs and reminders, create routing rules, and see all pulse surveys created.
Ownership can only be transferred by contacting AllVoices directly. Multiple Owners are permitted.
*Owners have access to all cases by default, unless intentionally blocked.
- The Primary Admin has full access to the platform. They have default access to all cases and are notified of all new cases.
- *Primary admins have access to all cases by default, unless intentionally blocked.
- The Sub Admin has limited access to the platform. They can view data in charts related to their cases. They can only view and take action on cases they create or if granted access.
- *Sub Admins can be granted access to cases via routing rules, if assigned, or if added under “Manage Access” by another admin with access. They also have default access to all cases they create.
- The Viewer has view-only access to the platform. They can view data in charts related to their cases. They cannot take action on cases.
- *Viewers can be granted access to cases via routing rules or if added under “Manage Access” by another admin with access. Viewers cannot be assigned to cases as this is a view-only role.
- The Manager has the most restricted access to the platform. They cannot access charts, pulse surveys, investigations, or messages. They can view and comment-only on cases that are shared with them but cannot take action.
- *Managers can be granted access to cases if added under “Manage Access” by another admin with access. Managers cannot be assigned cases as this is a view and comment-only role.
On the AllVoices Admins settings page (pictured above), you will see your admins’ statuses as they exist in AllVoices:
- Invite Pending - Invite has been sent but not accepted.
- Invite Expired - Invite was sent, but the account was not activated in 72 hours, so the invite expired.
- Active - Admin accepted the invite and activated their account.
Note: Previously deactivated admins are not visible on this page.
After your admin has been invited, you can take further action on them by selecting the items found in the Actions column (pictured above). Edit Settings beneath the Actions column.
As noted above, invitations sent to admins will expire after 72 hours. If you need to resend an invite, simply click the Resend Invite button underneath the Actions column as pictured above.
Changing Account Owners
If you wish to change the owner of your AllVoices account, click the Change the Account Owner button in the Actions column for the admin of your choice. On the next page, you will be prompted to select an existing admin to replace you as the owner. Please note that there can only be one owner per AllVoices account. By completing this action, you will not longer have Owner-level privileges in AllVoices.
Editing Admin Settings
If you’d like to edit the settings for an individual admin, click the Edit Settings button under the Actions column for your desired admin. In the page that follows, you’ll be able to:
- Rename the admin
- Change the admin type
- Remove admin access to AllVoices
- Resend the invite
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.