Namely Integration Guide
In order to enable your Namely integration you will create a custom report in Namely. To complete the configuration you will need:
- Your company’s Namely subdomain
- The custom report ID
- Namely Personal access token
STEP 1: Create a custom report for AllVoices in Namely
Create a Custom Report in Namely that has the required fields. Include only active employees in the report. The below fields are required:
- First Name Last Name: by default this is already included in the report
- Company Email: Include the Company Email field
- Employee Number: Include the Employee Number field
We suggest the following additional data:
- Phone: A person’s phone number (*Optional)
- Location: Location at which the person works (*Optional)
- Department: The current department to which the person belongs (ie. "Human Resources", "Engineering", "Design" etc.) (*Optional)
- Occupation: A person’s current occupation (ie. “Project manager”, “developer” etc.) (*Optional)
- Manager: This person’s manager (*Optional)
The custom report may also contain other additional custom columns. We will assign this extra information to that person and it will be visible on the employee profile view and at the report/case level. These additional column headers will be used on the employee profile view to describe the value - preferably the header names are spelled out, so instead of using costcenter, prefer Cost Center etc.
STEP 2: Locate the custom Report ID, your company’s Namely Subdomain and Namely Personal Access Token
- Locate your report ID
To set up your Namely integration, you’ll need the report identifier for your custom report. To get this, access your custom report as normal. In your browser location bar you'll see something like https://acme.namely.com/reports/123-1af2-4ha. The Report ID number we need is the 123-1af2-4ha at the end.
- Namely subdomain
Locate your company’s unique Namely Subdomain. It's the acme in, http://acme.namely.com.
- Generate a Namely personal access token
- Log in to Namely as the user account that you wish to use for the key creation. Best practice is to use an account that only has access to the data fields that you wish to sync.
- Ensure this account has access to the custom report you created in the previous step.
- Click on your Profile image in the top right corner of the window
- Select API
- Select Personal Access Tokens
- Enter a token name into the text field and Select Create
- Copy the value of the Personal Access Token
- Ensure the user account you use to create a Personal Access Token is not SSO-enabled, otherwise the sync will fail.
STEP 3: Configure Namely in AllVoices’ Dashboard
Please have your AllVoices Administrative Owner configure the Namely integration in the Settings tab of their dashboard. This setting is only available in the account owner’s dashboard. They will need all the information gathered in step 2 (above):
- Namely subdomain
- Namely personal access token
- Namely custom report ID
- Visit Settings -> HRIS integration -> Select Namely
- Enter the Namely Company Subdomain, Personal access token, Report ID and enter an Email address you would like to notify if the connection fails or is lost at any time.
- Press SAVE
- If HRIS connection is successful you will see the last time the connection was synced.
- If the HRIS connection fails you will see this screen and can troubleshoot by clicking on ‘View errors’.
Once the connection is successful, we automatically sync your HRIS data every 24 hours.
- As a final step, please provide the value of the Personal Access Token to your AllVoices onboarding agent. If this value is not provided you may find some fields not syncing correctly.
- You may find that some fields are missing after the first couple of syncs; this is expected. Please allow AllVoices to configure your Personal Access Token. Your fields will sync correctly after this is complete.
If at any point your connection fails, we will send an email to the email address provided and the AllVoices Administrative Owner. We will then attempt to sync the data every hour for the next three consecutive hours. If the connection fails all three times consecutively we will automatically disable your HRIS connection and it will need to be re-enabled by your company’s AllVoices Administrative Owner.