Slack Integration Guide
The purpose of this guide is to provide AllVoices Owner admins with the steps required to enable and install the AllVoices Slack app for your organization. Please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Ensure you are signed into the Slack workspace you wish to associate your AllVoices company account with.
2. Next, log into your AllVoices company dashboard using your Owner admin credentials
3. In the top right corner of the dashboard page, click your company name and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
4. On the Settings page, click the Notifications tab.
5. Scroll down and find the Slack Notifications section. Underneath, you’ll see the Slack logo next to a Connect Slack button -- click it to initiate Slack’s authorization process.
6. Click Allow during the Slack authorization process to complete the integration.
7. After authorization, you’ll be redirected back to your AllVoices dashboard. To confirm your integration is successful, there should be text indicating successful authorization.
8. As a final step, click the Slack Notifications Disabled toggle to enable Slack notifications for your individual user account. Note that you must have at least one type of notification enabled.
Provisioning the AllVoices Slack app to your users
By default, all users that have an active AllVoices account will automatically be provisioned access to the AV Slack app. No extra steps are needed for you or your users to install the AllVoices app in your organization’s Slack work space, however, your users will still need to enable Slack notifications in their individual AllVoices user accounts (see below).
After you have finalized all of the configuration steps above, please provide your users with this guide so they can enable Slack notifications in their AllVoices settings.
Congratulations, your organization is now ready to use the AllVoices Slack app!